Thursday, December 08, 2005

You... call.... that.... art...?

Some days there's no arguing about it -- I have the funnest job in the world.

Yesterday was one of those days!

At my employer, YourHub.com , we're having a holiday illustration contest.

And we've received some great illustrations: A train at the North Pole... an elf talking to Santa on his cell phone... and the Sugar Plum Fairy visiting a house decorated with a very pretty tree

I thought it'd be fun to try my hand at illustrating the holidays, too. My friend took pictures of me as I worked, and added his input about what I should include. It was an hour full of laughter, and I think the story turned out to reflect the experience.

You can see my drawing, the story, and a photo of myself working on my illustration at my desk. It's called You call this art?

I also hope you'll leave a comment or rate my drawing at the Web site, if you have time.

Happy holidays!

2 Comments:

At 12/08/2005 1:18 PM, Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

school was out today due to snow and ice last night, so I came over to my room to get some work done --- instead of working I'm looking at websites ---- I love the kid pictures. (especially the one with the sugar-plumb fairy) The pictures would fit right in at my school -- I guess kids are the same everywhere.
jal

 
At 12/08/2005 2:18 PM, Blogger Tabitha Dial said...

Reynolds-- YourHub.com is suited only to people in the Denver metro area and the Memphis metro area.

But this is changing. San Francisco will start producing YourHub, and other cities are slated to follow, too.

I don't know when and where, but there you are.

Good luck to your sister. That's so exciting! I think it'd be fun to write a children's book...

Good luck with Laurel Lane Publishing. I am not familar with them... Is this the first time you've worked on publishing a book?

A couple years ago I worked on selling my fiction ms, but no one wanted it, sad to say.

JAL-- Thanks for your comments!

It's sooo easy to look at Web sites instead of working.

Teachers deserve breaks, moreso than a lot of people.

Is it just me, or do us Americans work too hard?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home