Saturday, December 03, 2005

And yeah, I did this last April, too!!!

I used to have myself a home on a BBC Web site. The premise behind it is the creation of a virtual Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Yes. It's based loosely on the Douglas Adams series.

I worked on some guide entries. One on Emily Dickinson, one on drums... I'm a big fan of both, but dunno why I didn't create a guide entry about RINGO, who is undoubtedly my favorite BEATLE.

And one about Beowulf.

Right. So here's that old post:

Things I'd like out of life
Apr 24, 2005

two weeks in Italy
time on Crete
visit with Lady Pennywhistle in Jerusalem
more kisses from Virgo2
flight courtesy of Virgo2
poker lessons/games with Virgo2
internship in Turkey
visit St. Petersburg with my friend Julie
spend time with Julie, in person, at least once every two years
touch down on all seven continents
publish at least one book
live happily: write and contribute for a living*
receive random roses.... at least once...
have a bath drawn for me without asking
Rethink grad school and travel plans in one year

And perhaps... Scotland and Ireland

*this means that I never run into debt and I can support myself and any dependents. Contribute means volunteer work/caring for others as well as submitting to various publications.

::post transimission concluded::

How far have I come?

Still working on:

visit with Lady Pennywhistle in Jerusalem
more kisses from Virgo2
touch down on all seven continents
publish at least one book
live happily: write and contribute for a living

I have apparently abandoned:

receive random roses.... at least once...

Why? I have realized that this was merely a materialistic representation of something I really wanted: To feel wholly loved and accepted. And I get that all the time, from one Virgo2, who is known here as Le Aviator (name subject to change).

The other items have been edited, or they go on the very very back burner:

The original, in their original order:

two weeks in Italy
time on Crete
flight courtesy of Virgo2
poker lessons/games with Virgo2
internship in Turkey
visit St. Petersburg with my friend Julie
spend time with Julie, in person, at least once every two years
have a bath drawn for me without asking
Rethink grad school and travel plans in one year



These would now be:
flight courtesy of A, which is happening in exactly 14 days. YAY!!!
more poker games with A
spend time with Julie, in person, at least once every ten years
visit St. Petersburg with my friend Julie
continue to enjoy baths (yes, they've been drawn for me!!! And yes, I shower every day)
two weeks in Italy?
time on Crete?

internship in Turkey?
Rethink career and travel plans

Now for my official, updated list of Things I want out of Life!

More A
Travel places I want to travel to:
Jerusalem
Greece
Turkey
Russia
Africa
Antarctica
MAYBE Australia (I worked with someone who's invited me to visit her there)
Asia
South America
Possibly Italy
Potenially Easter Island, or just some nifty, handy islands
To publish my bloody book, or at least feel I did a bang up job trying
To inspire other poets
To write for a living, and to try living as a freelance writer/layout person for at least 8 months straight
To probably realize I should wait til I get a position on the Antarctic Sun before I try working freelance, since then I can keep my good job and excellent insurance until then, at which point I may not have a job when I get back from The Ice.
To get over my issues with my mother
To have a clearer, more relaxed head so I can put forth energy into my "extra-curricular" writing
To submit three poems once a month. I feel I'll never get to this point. I WANT TO LET MY BRAIN AND TYPING FINGERS RELAX WhEN I'M NOT WORKING FOR THE PAPER!!!!

::ahem::

Thank you.





4 Comments:

At 12/03/2005 9:46 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Hi there Tabitha,
I hope you achieve your goals.
I read Aku, Aku about Easter Island and found it very fascinating.

 
At 12/04/2005 6:25 AM, Blogger Tabitha Dial said...

Wonderful!!! Thanks for the visit!!!

you know, I realize... duhhh... Crete is an island. And I'd rather, I think, go there-- if I only get to go to ONE island, that'd be it. Then possibly Manhattan island. ;-)

You know that Crete is where the minotaur is said to have dwelt!??

And I also could volunteer to do office work for an organization in Athens. So that'd be my trip to Greece-- free accomodation for 6-8 hours of work Mon-Fri. And I'd gain a few skills.

I can totally see myself falling in love with a place outside the U.S.... getting lost in the culture for years...

Is there anywhere you've ever really wanted to travel??

Thanks for the visit again!

 
At 12/04/2005 2:45 PM, Blogger Carol said...

That is neat to here you planning the possibilities on how to get your goals done. You sound like a planner.

I am content to be where I am right now.

 
At 12/06/2005 12:14 PM, Blogger Tabitha Dial said...

Cheers!

I plan as much as I can... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home