Sunday, December 04, 2005

A proposal for National Poetry Writing Month

Dear readers (and honorable lurkers)!!!

I am MOST thrilled to have found for the writer in you today a couple different places to peruse.

First, I went to Teh Blogfather site, where blogs can be submitted for humorous review. And I saw one review that compelled me to follow through on the link, and lo and behold, I think I have a new best friend, even if SHE doesn't know it yet.

T L Reynolds is looking into a freelance writing career... and as she does so, she is SHARING HER REVELATIONS!!!! Donne's Holy Sonnets, that's brilliant and generous!!!

And inspiring.... I think I'll do the same on this blog (instead of just within email). The main focus, of course, will be on poetry.

(And a side note: If you live in the Denver metro area, or the Memphis metro area, then YourHub.com is THE PLACE for writers and photographers. You can post your work for free. It will appear on the site. It may appear in print, too. All copyright remains yours.

Milk it for all its worth. Get clips. Do you need travel writing clips? SUBMIT travel writing!!! Are you someone near Memphis or Denver who is trying to GET submissions for a publication? POST A PRESS RELEASE. Yeeehah. ;-))

::deep breath:: There are a lot of caps in this entry, because I AM excited. :-) I know it's soooo unjournalistic, and NOT AP style!!! :-P

Right. So that's the first great discovery of the morning. And a plug for YourHub.com.

My second great discovery, which inspired this post and its title, is this post at Living Poetry (A bloody beautiful site, and sure to be a favorite of mine, and OH HOW I MUST UPDATE MY LINKS AND ACTUALLY ADD BLOGS I VISIT REGULARLY!!!!): National Poetry Writing Month?

I think we need to launch this concept. There's been National Novel Writing Month for a few years or more (I've not done the research). I reckon I'll wait til the New Year to see if a Web site for National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo) pops up (and I've not researched that yet, either!!!). Then, if there is none, that's when I strike.

I plan to promote it hardcore, regardless.

You have been warned.

3 Comments:

At 12/04/2005 8:07 AM, Blogger Tabitha Dial said...

There needs to be a better site, but lookie what I found (so far):
Wot is NaPoWriMo?

There are other potential links... maybe on the way in a few minutes, and maybe not!!! ;-)

 
At 12/08/2005 11:09 AM, Blogger Tabitha Dial said...

Thank you! The kind words are well earned. It seems not too many people share their knowledge, particularly in the public domain, and at no charge. I admire that.

As for NaPoWriMo, I got the idea from Amy at Living Poetry! That's a great blog; another one -- like yours-- I intend to include on my links some fine day.

Thanks for the comment, and how would you like to be referred to?

 
At 12/08/2005 2:20 PM, Blogger Tabitha Dial said...

Oh I am glad you said that!

When I am working on fiction, it helps me to write emails about writing it. I find I work out the kinks in the story that way.

OOOoooo this is fun, talking to another writer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home