Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Accidents

I think many writers will agree on one thing: rarely are there accidents in art-- just things that could use revision.

My professor just emailed me about a poem I had recently written. I had titled it "Maternal Voice". She referred to it only as "Maternal".

And I vote for that as a better title.

There are many instances of an intended word-- even an intended relationship-- fatefully turned into an unintended insight..... or apathetically, lazily, accidentally, mistakenly better.

Ah, sweet mystery of meaning.

;-)

Any other stories like that floating about? .... I know there are... Please share.

::offers a chair with good lighting and a nearby desk with pen and paper::

2 Comments:

At 12/06/2005 10:13 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Tabitha,
Just recently some unknown person nominated my blog for a review from some ladies that are pretty brutal. My blog got a bad review. Basically they thought the FFMB was patronizing. I felt hurt and discouraged.

I told them that I had not nominated myself, which is not part of their protocol plus some blog friends spoke up on my defense.
In the end, they recanted and admitted I was a nice person after all.

Bonus:I got lots of hits.

 
At 12/06/2005 12:20 PM, Blogger Tabitha Dial said...

Wow.

My heart goes out to you...

Hope the hits were all good hits!!!

Thanks for posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home