Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I like that I am...

No, I did not think of this on my own.

"A Revision" is the name of the blog where I found this... and I like it.... http://carolsbookblogs.blogspot.com/2005/04/i-like-that-i-am.html

So the following is my version...

I like that I am...
1) Listening to the Beatles
2) Sitting in front of a mini altar that has the Tarot cards "The Fool", "The Tower" and "The Sun" on it.
3) Sitting in front of beautiful burning candles
4) Sitting behind a computer that I've written on for years-- fiction, non-fiction, resumes, poetry; this screen has seen it, baby, yeah! ;-)
5) Courageous
6) Willing to listen
7) Unwilling to compromise
8) Very happy with my job
9) Sure of who I am
10) Happy with the poetry I have been writing
11) A member of a fantastic group of poets who meet bimonthly or more often to share our joys, doubts, and passion for poetry
12) Able to call Julie Kraft my friend
13) Able to call Yael Pennywhistle my friend
14) A member of a cool blogging community that my oldest friends*, known at blogspot as "The Pink Shoe" and "Librarian Pirate", have introduced me to
15) A member of the Colorado Poets Association
16) A member of the Denver Woman's Press Club
17) Working at YourHub.com
18) Taking pictures for an income
19) Writing for an income
20) Doing newspaper layout for an income
21) Realizing I'm certainly not perfect
22) Not living from paycheck to paycheck
23) Sharing a bed with someone I love
24) Often laughing with the person I share a bed with
25) Very much in love-- or in adoration-- or longing to embrace-- or without question-- with the person I share a bed with
26) Free to do quite a number of things
27) Someone who's been able to try out just about everything she's wanted: skiing needs to happen soon!
28) My mother's daughter
29) My father's biggest fan
30) My brother's sister (it's quite obvious that I am; we're a lot alike!)
31) The proud owner of a gorgeous Jeep Liberty
32) Warm in the winter
33) Cool in the summer
34) Not far from water when I am thirsty
35) Familar with many people who are happy to offer me a drink
36) Going to play Poker again this weekend
37) Still friends with five different people I worked with in retail
38) Never going to forget what it's like to work in retail
39) Eating with my parents at IHOP tonight
40) A former oboist
41) A former clarinetist
42) Aware of the meaning of life, as per Douglas Noel Adams
43) A once and future guitarist
44) A once and future pianist
45) A once and future songwriter
46) An owner of many gorgeous books I have never read, such as "The Once and Future King"
47) Able to read
48) Able to write
49) Able to get online!
50) The owner of a very large aloe vera plant my grandmother helped me get about ten years ago.
51) The owner of my grandfather's peacoat from his days in the Navy in WWII
52) A reciter of my grandfather's sayings: "My cup runneth over!", "Miiighty lerapin!", and "Don't step in the grease!", to name a few
53) Not in trouble with the law
54) Not dating former boyfriends
55) Not in debt
56) Not in college, though grad school somewhat appeals
57) Still living in Colorado
58) Being read by you
59) Close to my brother
60) Not too far from my family at all times
61) A Colorado Native
62) A Pisces
63) A Monkey
64) Able to cook my mother's chili for my new family as well as she does for ours
65) Lucky enough to see the mountains every day
66) Lucky enough to see at least one horsie every week
67) Colorful
68) Onery.... but with a chocolate coating of caring
69) Honest
70) Realizing I should sometimes not be THAT honest
71) Smiling in most of my pictures, and wanting to in the ones that people told me not to smile in... ;-)
72) Well traveled
73) Looking forward to traveling further
74) Invited to Jerusalem, Athens, Chicago, St. Louis, Virginia, Florida...
75) Digesting a chocolate milk at this moment
76) The recipient of an email from my beau from seven minutes ago
77) The granddaughter of a painter
78) The great-granddaughter of a poet and much-admired English teacher
79) Loved and protected
80) Not afraid to confront myself
81) Not afraid to commit to myself
82) Not afraid to share myself with others
83) 25 years old
84) Many different people all at once
85) Reading Mary Oliver's latest collection of poetry, which she signed
86) Reading from two Poetry journals
87) Reading a chap book that won a local contest this year
88) About to revise five or six poems I wrote in the last week
89) Sitting up in this computer room while my mother teaches piano below
90) The person who carved the cute spider pumpkin outside the home I call my own in Denver now
91) Able to detatch from less-than-desirable relationships
92) Me
93) Not too worried about anything
94) Open to suggestions
95) Cultivating a wicked sense of humor-- good or bad
96) Hoping for the best
97) Looking past the worst
98) Going to change
99) Going to grow up more
100) Going to keep my childlike enthusiasm


*These friends are actually younger than me. So they aren't old. I've just known them longer than any of my other friends!**

**Imaginary friends and favorite book characters and rock idols and family members, regardless of real or imagined status, are not included.

4 Comments:

At 11/09/2005 7:36 PM, Blogger librarian pirate said...

Dearling, after I checked my email, I was going to check out friend's blogs. Never doubt that I check your blog on a very regular basis - even if you don't post on a regular basis. Neither do I. (:

But clog up my email with updates all you want - it is always nice to be reminded.

(:

 
At 11/10/2005 4:42 PM, Blogger Tabitha Dial said...

Yes, m'am!

Is it just me, or is it rather weird to think that you, your sister and I are quite a ways from Grand Junction?

And that I'm the closest to Grand Junction?

I just dunno... But you're my favorite librarian pirate!

Surely you saw all the news about the pirates that tried to get at that cruise ship... Being a librarian pirate, how does this bad press make you feel?

 
At 11/23/2005 10:09 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Hi Tabitha,
Sorry it took so long for me to respond to your comment on my "I Like That I Am..." I only rarely check for comments there.
I so pleased that you used this for your own blog!
I have a surprise for you come Friday!

 
At 11/25/2005 10:07 AM, Blogger Tabitha Dial said...

Thanks, Carol.

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home