Saturday, December 10, 2005

How to make a sore throated girl better, Or... last night! This morning! Wonderful! Or...YAY!!! I found the blog of the author of a book I just got

I got the book at Tattered Cover in Denver. It's my favorite place in the world. Well, my favorite retailer in the world.

I got the sore throat from A. I had been making pre-emptive strikes via Vitamin C doses every two hours or so. And I avoided kissing him on the lips. Which wasn't fun...

But I got the sore throat.

Haven't missed work, and it looks like I won't have to. I still feel crummy, but much better, and I am amazed that I didn't have to go to a doctor and get a prescription to feel better per the old family tradition.

Last night I almost didn't feel like going out for dinner. But I did. And I had a rootbeer, which makes sore throats feel way better. And it has more lasting effect, I think, than over the counter stuff.

And the conversation was great and I felt much improved and just found I kept wanting to talk-- strange for someone with a sore throat-- NOT strange at all for me.

Then A and I spent about an hour in his hammock listening to music and cuddling and... ::sigh:: Simply put, I'm well-cared for and absolutely adored.

This morning I woke up at 5 (A has to leave for his job earlier than that) and went to my pretty pretty Jeep for the gifts I had left there. And I wrapped. And wrapped. Then called my parents. Then tried to sleep, but couldn't because I have two gifts left to wrap by 3 p.m. and I also wanted to update my blog (there are a bunch of handy links on that sidebar now, cheeky baby!!!).

So I got up, got online, and needed to find a link for a book I had bought myself at Tattered Cover.... It's How to Make a Living as a Poet by Gary Mex Glazner. I googled. And I think the 7th or 8th hit revealed a blogspot link!

I could not quite believe my eyes, but Glazner DOES have a blog at blogspot! HOOOOOORAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! :-)

So I posted and I linked. And I link again, for his book states clearly in its firstest pages that the book is intended to HELP SELL POETRY BOOKS. And I can think of few causes more worthy of promotion: Gary Mex Glanzer's How to make a living as a poet blog

So I commented on his latest entry WITHOUT reading it! ... Shameful... but I only did it because I was too darn excited to have the patience to read... because I wanted to update my blog.... because soooo many things.... And because it is always nice to have things to look forward to.

.... a final word or 800: My friend T L Reynolds, another fellow blogspot blogger, posted about Leaf Press. Here's another site to look forward to investigating. They state they publish poetry chapbooks. It looks like they have contests aplenty for poets. And I've heard they Web publish one unknown poet's poem every Monday.

It seems the Internet has more to offer than I previously imagined.

13 Comments:

At 12/10/2005 11:47 AM, Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

a few months ago I was in Denver and meant to go to the Tattered Cover but didn't have time --- really wish that I had --
jal

 
At 12/11/2005 8:25 AM, Blogger Marcia said...

.... I miss the tattered cover!

 
At 12/11/2005 8:33 AM, Blogger Tabitha Dial said...

Yes siree, guys.... A great place, that Tattered Cover... ;-)

 
At 12/12/2005 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahah!!

 
At 12/16/2005 8:40 AM, Blogger William McCabe said...

Who's A? Could that be short for aaron, alex, etc. Just curious.

 
At 12/16/2005 9:53 AM, Blogger Tabitha Dial said...

A is short for a name, yes. I don't want everyone to know his name, so I refer to him as A.

 
At 12/16/2005 8:41 PM, Blogger William McCabe said...

Sorry, didnt mean to sound rude. I sometimes have a habit of doing that.

 
At 12/30/2005 12:03 PM, Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Hey girlfriend....haven't seen you around lately...just marching through one more time with Carol's band. Have a Happy New Year.

 
At 12/30/2005 6:10 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Hi Tabitha,
Yes it is a year end celebration with the FFMB along with a trophy and such.The band is checking all the past featured sites out!

 
At 12/31/2005 7:28 AM, Blogger Tabitha Dial said...

That's quite sweet of you all-- thank you!!!

I'm afraid I need to priotize my life back towards poetry.... Well, I've needed to forever... but now I have a nice second wind sailing me through the process of selecting publications, etc.

So this blog has been a good diversion, but I am choosing to, for the time being or longer, drop it in pursuit of keeping my sail full.

Happy New Year!

 
At 12/31/2005 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to fill your sail BABY!

 
At 12/31/2005 10:18 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Go for it, Tabitha.
Let us know how it went someday!

 
At 1/01/2006 10:42 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

hi all sounds very encouraging - I am in the FFMB and am playing my basson beneath your window
playing "auld lang sine" of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home