Saturday, October 08, 2005

So it starts

Well… journals have to start somewhere. That’s sometimes the hardest bit.

How’d this little piece of work come about, anyway? ... I’ve been nursing a ful ear infection for about a week. I’ve been sick from work for four days. I’ve been reading the blogs of three of my friends, Marcia, Kellie, and Manea… and I’ve decided that many a successful writer today has a blog, so why not me?

I don’t know that I’ll be sharing a writer’s diary as much as I’ll be sharing clips and post-it notes of my life.

I like that. The clips being, “Yes! Look what I and my poetry workshop and the books I’ve been reading, or what I and my editors managed to achieve!” And the post-its being little happy asides about “Wow! The tree outside my window is sooo purdy today!” or “Damn… my boyfriend is dead wonderful… he went on about the title page of his favorite book, Slaughterhouse Five in this very long email to me, just to me, and I love the dearheart and can’t bloody wait til I get to see him again, but this STUPID EAR INFECTION….”

Yeah. Post-it note me arse. Uhhhh…. My usual excited ramblings can’t fit on a post-it. Although they DO come in a variety of sizes these days… ;-)

Who knows where this will lead...

3 Comments:

At 10/18/2005 1:52 PM, Blogger librarian pirate said...

hey beautiful - It's Susan. Just wanted to point you in my direction!

 
At 10/22/2005 10:08 AM, Blogger Marcia said...

Hi darling! So glad you've joined the blogosphere! I've linked my blog to yours!

 
At 10/22/2005 3:07 PM, Blogger Tabitha Dial said...

Why, this is stunningly excellent!!!

And amazing I've known the two of you for some 12 years...

Here's to many more, and thanks so much for visiting! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home